The most common questions we get from our clients
- Shower, Exfoliate, Shave - come to session with dry, clean skin.
- Remove moisturizer, body lotion, perfume, deodorant, makeup, sunscreen.
- Wear dark, loose-fitting clothing, bathing suit optional, sandals or flip-flops NO TENNIS SHOES!.
- Do not wear white clothing, tight clothing, bras, wristbands, leather, nylon, wool, silk, jewelry.
- Avoid waxing, dermabrasion, facials within 24 hours before treatment.
- Have a manicure or pedicure before treatment.
Avoid showering, rain, sweating, and exposure to water for eight (8) hours.
- Do not wear white clothing for at least 24 hours. (Color will wash out of clothing)
- Moisturize entire body twice daily for at least one week with a tan extender lotion.
- Use professional tan products to increase duration of the airbrush tan.
- Avoid Jacuzzis, hot tubs, chlorine, and very long hot showers.
- Tanning beds and sunbathing are o.k., but apply sunscreen.
We recommend that after every five weeks of spray-tanning, allow your skin to rest and take a few days off from tanning. This allows you to completely lose your sunless tan periodically, which helps eliminate patchiness or uneven areas of wear. These areas are caused by normal contact with clothing and other surfaces, which cause unintended exfoliation. Healthy, moist skin will retain the results of your sunless tanning session longer. Sunless spray results will vary by individual.
MORE USEFUL INFO
When showering, use your palms for lathering in lieu of a loofah or wash cloth. Also, use moisturizers generously as they have been proven to help extend the length of a sunless tan. Be aware that swimming in chlorinated pools dries the skin, which shortens the life of a sunless tan. Moisturize after swimming to help reverse any dryness, and be careful not to exfoliate the skin when towel-drying.
Keep your tan bright and rich for up to 7 to 10 days by following one important step: we don't towel dry after showering, but instead air day and moisturize like it's our job! Just a little secret from your sunless sisters!
Also... Moisturize...Moisturize...Moisturize... This helps to extend the life of your tan.
Ask about our TAN EXTENDERS and our CANNED TAN TOUCH UP SPRAY.
WE HAVE FOUND THAT SOME OF THE PRODUCTS LISTED BELOW CAN MAKE YOUR TAN FADE FASTER!
TO KEEP A LONGER LASTING TAN PLEASE AVOID THE FOLLOWING:
- Some users have found that Dove soap, and Dove Shower gel will fade a tan faster.
- Mineral oil and petroleum-based lotions should be avoided, such as Curel (please read the labels before applying)
- Baby oil should also be avoided.
- Hair Inhibiting Lotions (jergens etc.) tend to make a sunless tan yellow.
- Anti-aging products that "renew" "refresh" or otherwise exfoliate skin
- AHA's (Alpha Hydroxy Acids -glycolic, lactic, Malic, citric and Tartaric acids)
- BHA's (Beta Hydroxy Acids-salicylic acid)
- Retin-A type products (Retin-A, Renova, Tazorac, Tretinoin)
- Toners containing Alcohols or Witch Hazel
- Anti-acne products that exfoliate the skin- Accutane, salicylic acid
- Makeup remover cleaning products, or oils used to clean away eye makeup
- Use of a loofa, scrub mitt etc. for daily washing. (You need a soft washcloth or soft poof)
- Facial masks and exfoliating scrubs
- Biore type adhesive facial strips
- Wax hair removal
- Depilatory hair removal products (Nair, Veet, Neet etc)
- Shaving exfoliates skin so fades tan (use a sharp clean razor, with a lubricating product, Hair conditioner works nicely, and usually wont "damage tan")
- Wash off conditioner when done. A dull razor scrapes off more skin and "tan"
- Pat dry in the shower, do not rub.
- Long hot baths, long dips in a pool, or salt water can cause your tan to fade faster.
Please Be Aware:
- A women's tan may also develop differently during various hormonal changes (ovulation, menstruation, pregnancy). It may be streaky, patchy, fade worse, or produce lighter color.
- People with oily skin tend to develop a lighter tan then people with dry skin. The oils can coat the skin, dry skin absorbs more product faster.
- Please remember that everyone's skin type is different. The above products may not harm your tan at all, where as it may make someones else's fade faster.